10-Day Arts and Cultural Excursion in Mexico!
Host:Trish Metzner, Mosaic Instructor
When? June 14-25, 2018
Where? Zacatlan De Las Manzanas, Puebla, Mexcio
SAVE THE DATE: June 14-25, 2018 You’re invited to a cultural retreat in the peaceful mountains of Puebla, Mexico. Explore authentic customs, traditions, flavors and tranquility of a town called Zacatlan De Las Manzanas. It was here that your host and guide, Trish Metzner, a muralist from Philadelphia, has directed numerous mosaic mural projects since she was first commissioned to teach there in 2014. Fascinated with the pristine land and a deep respect for the indigenous way of life, Trish hosts cultural exchanges such as this tour, hoping to share this wonder and beauty with curious travelers looking for a more meaningful destination experience. While our accommodations include a posh adobe cabins, private spa and exquisite on-site restaurant, this is a definitely a tour of hiking boots rather than sandals. We will be journeying the misty emerald forests, the cascading waterfall routes, and the colorful street markets. Camping/Very Casual attire recommended.
THE REGION: Zacatlan is a traditional Spanish Colonial pueblo surrounded by indigenous agricultural communities whom still speak the Aztec language, Nahuatl. (See the video above) It is not a beach town, rather a mountainous a place of ancient and pristine natural wonder, exploration and discovery. It is a fascinating example of both culture and the natural world preserved as we rarely can find it in today's modern world, complete with rain forests and hot springs, orchards and waterfalls. Recently, The Department of Tourism declared Zacatlan an official “Pueblo Magico.” These are villages exalted for authenticity of indigenous tradition, cuisine, culture and ecological beauty.
THE TOUR GROUP: This trip is "family sized." Spaces are limited so please book before May 31, 2018. The small group size allows us an insiders view of authentic pueblo life, intimate gatherings with friends, culinary workshops, information about eco-construction methods such as the art of adobe, and a meet and greet with several artists who worked with Trish. This tour also includes a 2-day mosaic workshop with Trish working on a local mural of Frida Callo. Trish will teach mosaic processes used in the Zacatlan mural including portrait techniques.
PRICES PER PERSON:
6 nights 3-5 occupation $1,700
6 nights double occupation $2,200
6 nights single occupation $2,700
Please Read These Important Details Before Booking:
- Trip Prices are listed Per Person.
- Occupation # refers to the number of people you will be sharing a room with. If you are traveling with friends, each individual must still book the trip separately, and will be prompted to specify who you are rooming with.
- You must book as single occupation if you desire your own cabin.
- Solo travelers who choose "3-5 occupation" may be paired together as roommates in shared cabins of up to three people.
- Airfare not included
- Private ground transport from Puebla City airport to Zacatlan and the return.
- Six night accommodations at the eco-cabin and spa, Luchita Mia.
- Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, Drinks
- Mosaic Mural Workshop (All tools and materials provided)
- Cooking class: 5 Regional Salsas
- Plus These Guided Excursions and Tours
- -Piedras Encimadas Eco-Park (Horseback available)
- Zacatlan Central Tour
- The Great Mosaic Wall of Zacatlan
- San Pedro Waterfall
- The Central Market
- Personal expenses/ Travel insurance
OPTIONAL SERVICES AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE
- On site Spa Services, Massage, Facial, Aromatherapy, Vapor Bath
- Additional guided excursions such as natural hot springs